Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine Day...

Tomorrow is a new venture for us in the kitchen, we are making home made lasanga for 300+.  We are also making cherry crisp, and we made the topping ourselves.  No mixes, and no chemicals.  How did this crazy thing begin....


Last month while I was making up the menu for Feb. I came across Tuesday the 14th; what to do, if anything?  Will my ladies still work for me after I tell them about this?  The answer to that is we are doing something and my ladies did stay on the job.  So then I had the brilliant idea to invite the parents, I asked my ladies if that sounded like a good idea, they were enthusiastic, so here we go. 


 
Menu:  Home Made Lasagna
Italian Garden Salad with grape tomatoes, croutons and shaved Parmesan cheese
Garlic Bread Sticks
Home Made Cherry Crisp
Variety of fresh fruit


I hope that with having the parents there, the students will at least try the lasagna.  It is not fancy or filled with strange things; pasta, spaghetti sauce, mozzarella cheese. 

 Now for the funny part; imagine 6 middle age ladies (some more middle then others) lining up to make an assembly line to build the lasagna.  We have never made this dish, but we have made the parts, we know serving it will be a bit of a challenge.  Rarely does lasagna come out of the pan it was cooked in willingly or intact.  We have over 60 parents coming, this always creates a certain measure of chaos.  So here we are getting mentally ready to pull this off.

I will take pictures tomorrow and document our fist Valentine Lunch Event.

No comments:

Post a Comment